Google chrome store- add your website
Google chrome store: Hello folks, how is going on? Many of us starting to build website and index their website with many platform. Today I will show you how can you add your website in google chrome store.
This tutorial explains step by step how to add your web site as a web app to the Google Chrome Store.
Before starting you have to make sure that the process you have the following items ready:
- You need to be the verified owner in Google Webmaster Tools for the site you want to add as a web app in the Chrome web store. If not verify your site first.
- An icon of your web site. The size should be 128×128 and the format png. The filename of your icon should be “icon_128.png”
- A description about your web site. Try to be brief but specific. Why should someone add your web site to Chrome? What kind of services do you offer? Etc. The limit is 15000 characters.
- At least 2 screenshots. Can be either 1280×800 or 640×400.
- Very important: You also need 2 promotional images. One should be 440×280 and the other 920×680 in size. Try to make your promotional images attractive so that users will click on it and if they like it, add it to their Chrome.
- You also need to have a zip file ready with the manifest file and icon. It’s a bit technical work but have everything ready for you below:
- Copy the text below and paste into notepad.
"name": "YOUR WEB SITE NAME",
"description": "ADD DESCRIPTION (70 CHARACTERS).",
- Change the NAME and DESCRIPTION to match your web site details, as well as URLS and WEB_URL.
- Save the file as manifest.json
- Create a zip file with name myapp.zip that will contain your icon file (icon_128.png) and the manifest.json created above. If you are using Windows the easiest way to create the zip file is to select both items in Windows Explorer, right click and select SEND TO – > COMPRESSED (ZIPPED) FOLDER.
Once you have the zip file ready you can continue with the steps below.
Adding your web site as a web app to Chrome
- Go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/developer/dashboard and login with your Google account.
- If this is your first visit, click the link at the bottom of the page, PAY THIS FEE NOW to pay the $5 fee. Once you have completed the payment you can continue with the rest of the steps.
- Click the ADD NEW ITEM button.
- You will be asked to select a zip file. Click the CHOOSE FILE button and select the zip file created using the instructions above (myapp.zip)
- Click the UPLOAD button to finish the upload process.
- You will then be asked to write the description, upload the icon file, screenshots and promotional images, select category and keywords.
- Towards the button of the page you can also enter your Google Analytics ID so that you get statistics in your Analytics account.
- That’s it, you can now click the PUBLISH CHANGES and it is a matter of minutes for your web app to be made available in the store!
When you are logged it to Google, you can see your web apps under YOUR APPS option from the left menu. If you want to see how your apps look in the listings you have to logout of your Google Account.
If you face any problem to do that comment below.